The service was really attentive. We were waited on by multiple servers that were super friendly and upbeat. I appreciate that they explained all of the dishes and the best pairing of sauces every time it was brought out. One even showed us how to properly make sure to not over cook our meat. Too bad they don't wear name tags, but they were all equally wonderful.
- Wonderful service by multiple servers (based on 2 visits over span of 2 weeks).
- Awesome food and quality.
- Pricing is very fair ( the A 4 & A 5 set for 2 is $170).
- They offer happy hour sets for $32 per person daily (see below).
- Assorted drink discounts available throughout the week.
- For a Yakiniku restaurant, the ventilation is amazing!
- Free parking in front of the restaurant.
- Their Beer is chilled really cold (my Fiance said he could taste the ice crystals at first).
- The parking lot is a bit small.
- The restaurant is only open for dinner.
- They don't sell Kirin Beer (but they do have Asahi).
- Reservations really recommended!
Overall I highly recommend checking Yakiniku Yoshi out. While the set for two doesn't look like a lot of food, the meat was actually really filling. The Happy Hour set Menu is a lot of food as well.
[Happy Hour Menu]
We enjoyed our first visit to Yakiniku Yoshi so much that we decided to revisit it two weeks later.
We visited with our friend so we each ordered the Yoshi (Happy) Hour set (limited to one per person) as-is (without substitutions) and 2 orders of the Crispy Pork Belly. We also brought in our own bottle of wine and corkage was just $1 per person (they were really good on about serving and refilling it for us too).
The meat that comes with the Happy Hour set is plentiful and service was spectacular like last time even though they got busy. We chanced a walk-in right as they open this time. But we found out that they were already all booked so we got lucky to get a table without wait. Yakiniku Yoshi is so easy to love and the Happy Hour special is such a deal. We will be back again soon no doubt!
Yakiniku Yoshi Japanese BBQ
1316 Young St
Honolulu, HI 96814
Daily- Yoshi Hour ($32) :
5-6p + 8:30-close.
5-6p + 8:30p-closing:
- YOSHI (Happy) Hour.
- $32 Special menu for one. (Please note the Happy Hour is now $40).
- One Small Salad
- One Rice
- 2 oz. Pork Loin, 2 oz. Pork Belly (Shio or Tare).
- 2 oz. US Kobe Toro Kalbi, 2 oz. Harami, 2 oz. US Prime Kalbi.
- Substitutions available (Pork fowl, Beef Tongue, Beef Intestine, 2pc. Shrimp, Ika Geso,
2. Drink Special.
- Select Beer, Shochu, Wine, Sake: $2.50-$8. (Please note, it is now $3.25-$8.25)
SUNDAY + MONDAY:
- BYOB- $1 Corkage per person. Otherwise, corkage is usually $20.
- Ask server for wine special of the night (current of 7.31.16)
- 15% off bill with Blue Industry card.
- 1/2 off Asahi Beer Pitchers
- 5-6p & 9:30-10:30p