Our stay was a COMP (free) from playing slots at Caesar's Entertainment (CET) properties from past Las Vegas visit.
I had us booked for 5 nights (by accident), but the front desk agent was able to change it to 4 nights-- quick and hassle-free.
We had a strip-view room on the 23rd floor (top floor on the South Tower Elevators; though there might be a few more VIP floors above that in a secret elevator somewhere else?).
On day 2,
Housekeeping left me a present:
- Each room has a different "theme."
- Casino is lively, but perhaps some may find it too loud (like me).
- No security (key card) checks at the room elevator area.
- I dislike that all the lights are manual (but I'm just spoiled with rooms where you insert the key cards and it automatically turns on/off everything). Would have been nice to have some master light switches near the entry but I'm not Anthony from "Hotel Impossible" so what do I know?
- Long walks if you are walking through Miracle Miles Shops to get to your room.
- Sound-proofing isn't the best. It was fine for the most part, but I was able to hear when the neighbor coughed, or turned on/off their water. Once in a while, I could also hear music from the pool below, or people walking in the hallways.
Overall, we had a good stay at Planet Hollywood and I would stay here again despite some of the drawbacks. PH is a good mid-range hotel with great location (heart of the LV strip, and right across from the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas--connected by overhead pedestrian bridge).
Although, I might pick a different room next time like the new(er) remodeled ULTRA HIP room; the standard HIP rooms are pretty spacious and offer great value.
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
3667 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Check-in: 4pm | Check-out: 11am
Resort Fees: $32.48 (with tax) per night (on-top of nightly rate).