Just not my thing. So when my friend decided to have their birthday here, I was curious but unsure.
- Relaxed (rooftop) ambiance.
- Nice service. We actually had a server (Olivia) who was on their first day. I thought she did a really good job especially handling our big party (of 20+).
- Various inside/ outside seating options. Can accommodate a lot of people + good for parties.
- Private dining room available.
- Free nightly music entertainment.
- Limited wine list, but prices are reasonable. Example a ~ 5/6 oz. pour of Ferrari Carano is $10. Wines by the glass range from $9-$14 (12 choices at the moment).
- Full bottles from $35-$140 (Silver Oak- Alexander Valley); $365 (Dom Perignon).
- They advertise that you can see the Hilton Hawaiian Village fireworks from the rooftop.
- No validated parking (cash only); $7 flat-rate after 6 or 6:30p. Parking rates.
- The tables inside the wooden terrace were too close towards the seats (it felt really cramped).
- As majority of the restaurant is open-air, not great when it's raining.
- For large parties, they can accommodate up to 4 separate checks.
the dishes were pretty tasty to warrant another visit.
I will need to check them out for Happy Hour or Taco Tuesdays next ($2 tacos).
Are you a fan of Mexican food?
What do you think about BUHO's modern take?
We started off the meal with drinks & a half dozen of raw oysters.
But the oysters didn't taste all that fresh.
I thought the only highlight of this visit
were mainly their Carne Asada.
But the consensus was the cake was really dried out.
Our second experience at BUHO was kind of underwhelming.
We had a male server this time around.
While they were nice (and kindly let one of our group exchange their dessert for another
as it was not what they expected), service overall was really slow.
We felt like we were bothering our server because we had to flag him down
for utensils, extra plates, water, drink orders, bill.
I saw the server we had last time walk by many times, it made me feel
a bit sad because I recalled what a great time we had here last visit.
I didn't want to resort to thinking it's because we were a group of 6, so the 18% gratuity was automatic
(last time we had over 20+ people and they were still very attentive) so it seems like
your experience may vary depending on the server you end up with.
I may try out BUHO again in the future.
Maybe I'll sit at the bar and try out their $3 (Happy Hour) tacos...