- Lovely and breezy view beachside and of Diamond Head.
- Free valet parking with validation (excludes tips).
- Really attentive and super friendly service by multiple staff (though the restaurant was pretty empty when Tea service started).
- Delectable and inventive desserts with savory sandwiches. Their menu is pretty filling (from a female perspective) compared to other afternoon teas on the island. Everything tasted great, so it's hard to pick a favorite item. However, I wouldn't mind eating a full-size sandwich of their Smoked Salmon (on Rye bread).
- Non. But if you opt for the full package with the Celebratory set with cake & champagne, it is one of the pricier afternoon tea sets on Oahu.
Though I'm a bit torn between afternoon tea here and at the Moana Surfrider which I really like as well.
The food alone is worth the visit. But paired with the beautiful ambiance and good service, I think Orchid's has a slight edge overlooking Diamond Head. What a nice and relaxing afternoon indulging on sweets and catching up with friends.
Orchids at the Halekulani Hotel
2199 Kalia Road
Honolulu, HI 96815
Afternoon Tea: 3p-4:30p | MENU | ($36-56)
(except Sunday/ Holidays)
Reservations online or through OpenTable.com.