One of my girlfriends was raving about this restaurant (it was her 3rd time there in the past 3 weeks),
so how can I say no to this invite?
We first sampled their Pork Belly & Shrimp for a small bite.
Next we sampled the Fish Taco.
Finally Entrée time!
- Attentive service! Let's just say I had a mishap when my wine glass broke and our server and the bartender came to my rescue instantly. Not sure if service was better due to my cute single girlfriends though I think that helped.
- Good food.
- Parking available nearby (by the Bank of Hawaii building right across. Validation is $6 for four hours daily after 6pm, or Sat.-Sun. all day).
- Nice breezy and comfortable atmosphere.
- While the wine list is limited (see menu below), they do have super fair pricing and more than a few picks I really like/ familiar with. I also spotted a few bottles of Japanese Whisky's (Yamazaki 12 yrs, Hibiki 12, Hibiki Harmony) displayed on their bar (off-menu).
- You can go shopping right after downstairs.
- There's a rooftop bar with sand and fire pit area perfect for drinks.
- Gluten-Sensitive/ Vegetarian Menu available.
- Prices for the Appetizers and Entrees are on the higher side.
- Entrée Menu is limited.
- If your table is right by the road it can get a bit noisy or a bit chilly. Bring a wrap or a light jacket for night-time if you are prone to get cold like me.
- Not the best view from the 2nd floor.
Generous pours on the Wines!
This was taken after I had already taken a sip. ;)
I do apologize, I drank my other glass without snapping a picture.
He seemed quite knowledgeable about the wines I chose (personal favorites/ safe choices) so I didn't interrupt him when he explained where each came from.
Tommy Bahama Store + Restaurant Waikiki
(Located at the start of Waikiki, next to Hard Rock Café).
298 Beachwalk Drive
Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815
MON-THURS : 11a-10p
SAT- SUN: 9a-11p
Reservations by phone or OpenTable.
[Menus]- see photos below.
As our dear friend collects postcard, they just added it to their collection.
Overall, I would recommend Tommy Bahamas Waikiki. Although, the food wasn't exactly perfect (there were great hits and tiny misses), the exceptional service really made it a wonderful visit. Though if you ask my friends, they said everything was perfect so maybe I'm just being too critical. Its a great place to hang out, relax and catch up with friends. Definitely good for ordering drinks and appetizers. I hope to visit again soon to try out the rest of their menu.