Initially, we were drawn in by their inexpensive Lobster Lunch special (for $12.99, you get a 1/2 lobster with steak, shrimp, or pork chops with white or fried rice).
It seemed like a contradiction. Seafood at affordable prices?
We had to try!
Since that first visit, call us hooked!
Located in the Waimalu Shopping Center in Aiea (near Pealridge Shopping Center), the surrounding looks ordinary but the food is worth the trip.
The essential tools you will need (all provided by the restaurant).
It's somewhat of an messy visit, but the yummy taste is worth the sacrifice.
- Yummy food.
- Straightforward menu.
- Servers are generally really friendly.
- Made-to-order seafood in 3 steps
- (1- Pick item, 2- Choose seasoning, 3- Pick level of spiciness).
- Affordable price for fresh Lobster and Seafood.
- Amazing deal for Lunch Combos.
- Free Soda refills.
- Inexpensive Beer ($3-5) + Wine ($6 a glass).
- Plentiful free parking.
- Fun and casual setting for friends, families and small groups.
- Can accommodate private groups up to 100+ people (we asked the Manager once about the possibility for hosting larger parties). They seem flexible in adjusting menus for large groups.
- Slower service when the restaurant is packed during dinner.
- The food is on the salty side. You might want to pair dishes that has sauce with rice.
- On this visit, they gave us the wrong order (1st time in many visits). We ordered Salt + Pepper Lobster but got Black Bean Lobster; the server noticed it afterwards and offered to make us the correct one, but we just kept it since we happen to eat Black Bean too).
- I didn't love their Ginger + Green Onion Dungeness Crab on a prior visit. It was ok, but I was underwhelmed as it tasted Americanized (I guess it makes sense since it's their interpretation . I was expecting the traditional Chinese version with lots of Ginger + Onion which wasn't really noticeable, but the texture of crab was really nice). I know, I'm being nit-picky here since I use to make it often myself. But you may love it).
- Sometimes, they may run out of certain menu items.
- A lot of their seafood uses tons of garlic. May not be suitable for those who dislike it.
- Certain items (Abalone, Clams, Oysters and etc. may also be subjected to availability).
- Cajun Chicken.
- Salt + Pepper Shrimp.
If you can't make it down to dine-in (or want to lick your fingers in the comfort of your own home),
they offer take-out too.
Waimalu Shopping Center
98-020 Kamehameha Hwy
Aiea, HI 96701
Hours: 11a-10p Lunch: 11a- 3p
Lunch Special: $12.99
(1/2 Lobster with choice of Pork Chop, NY Steak, or Shrimp--similar to Chinese style).